Monday, August 9, 2010

Glasses Case

I need sunglasses. The glare of the sun just kills my eyes especially when driving. Last spring when I got my new prescription I was unable to also get prescription sunglasses. I have had them for a very long time, but well, I couldn't get them this time. It has been awful. I had grumbled to Allison that I just had to find something. This last week we were at Wal-Mart (oh joy) and we looked at what was available. Because I got rimless glasses thinking they were cute I am unable to get the little click on sunglasses. There is no frame. Then Allison found these sunglasses that fit over your whole glasses. They slid over my glasses and are polarized. I said I had to get them because this was the first thing I had found that I could use. Plus I figured I would need them for our September trip. There are no cases I could find that would fit these things. So I decided I would just knit up a little case. I used size 5 needles and Peaches & Creme Cotton in #205 Gumdrop. I just cast on 36 stitches, knit about 40 rows, folded it over and seamed it up. Turned out cute. Oh man, I just put myself in the grandmother group for sure. I just bought glasses that fit over my glasses. I'll let you know how they work out.

No comments: