Thursday, December 15, 2011

More Hats

After the marathon knitting just to get Jo a hat that fit right with her ponytail Scout thought she needed at hat. What do you want? She replied purple and white. I had some purple in the stash, Loops and Threads Impecable #1310, amethyst. I also some Lion Brand White multi #301. It has a small metallic thread through it. I do not know if it is stress or what but when I finished the hat it was a little too short. I have never in all my hat making had this happen so often. I looks ok but seemed to ride up.


So I took some white and picked up all the stitches and knitted one more row. It turned out ok but I was not happy with the fact it seemed a little tight.


This fit a little better length-wise and is ok but I was still not happy. This was also a K2,P2 pattern for the whole hat. I decided to try adding four more stitches to give it a little more stretch and did a 1x1 rib pattern for the whole hat. I used some Bernat Pink Camo from the stash (it is now discontinued) and some Lion Brand Wool-ease White Frost. The white is a little fuzzy and looks cool on hats. I used the white for a small trim and the rest of the hat in the pink camo.


Not only did it fit good but she can pull it on and off all by herself.

Perfect.



No comments: