Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Beachy Mallard Afghan Finished

I finally finished the "Beachy Mallard" afghan. I called it this because that was the name of the colors of yarn. Again it is a crochet Granny rectangle afghan. I have kindof been obsessed with this pattern lately. The border of small granny rectangles came from an idea in a picture I saw on Pinterest (no pattern given). I then did five rows of single color border around the small rectangles.

 
 
After the last border row I crocheted a row of single crochet to finish it off. I really liked these colors.


I could not get high enough to get a full shot of the afghan but this picture shows the center pattern.

 
I think the border came out really neat. I also used Attic 24's crochet the squares together as you go.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I am amazed you were able to finish in this hot weather...