Thursday, August 22, 2013

New Yarn


This is some yarn I received in the mail today. It is Opal sock yarn and is called Monarch. I saw this yarn on one of Square Grannie's posts last week. After I saw Square Grannie's project (www.squaregrannie.blogspot.com) I said I have to have that yarn. Well, Square Granny had gotten it a couple of years ago and after checking with my favorite yarn shop (The Shabby Sheep in Dallas) I found out it was a discontinued color. So sad. But sweet daughter Allison found it on an Etsy site and I ordered it immediately. I won't say what I am going to make with it but I have a Halloween loving grand-daughter so I am sure something great is going to happen with it.

 
This is a picture of Square Grannie's project. I posted it here so you could see the wonderful color pattern. Thanks to Square Grannie for letting me post it here. By the way if you have not checked out her blog she has some pretty wonderful stuff on it. Check it out.

1 comment:

Deborah Hamilton said...

Thanks so much for the kind comment, and I'm so glad you found the yarn. You are going to enjoy knitting with it, and I'm looking forward to seeing your project.