Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Great Yarn Company


Many times today we hear of poor customer service when we have an issue with a product. Yesterday I wrote about the weirdness of a skein of Tofutsies sock yarn. I have never had a skein of yarn actually change color in the middle. I have used Tofutsies on several adult, child and baby socks and never had a problem before. I was a little, well... shall we say traumatized when I realized that the second sock in the pair from that particuar skein really did not match. I mean I looked at it and turned it over and laid them side by side and kept saying to myself maybe it is my eyes, I have been knitting too much, it is the lighting, but to no resolution. What to do? I mean one sock is finished and this one was about 1/4th of the way along. I got on Ravelry and went to two of the forums asking if anyone else had ever had this happen. Many readers but no one apparently has had this weird thing happen to them. We are talking socks, with tiny needles and a million stitches. Well not that many but thousands of stitches. What to do? I thought you know, South West Trading Company has a site on Ravelry and I get their e-mails maybe I could just send an e-mail to the company. So I pull up the site. Mmmm who to talk to. Well, Jonelle Raffino the president of the company sends info about yarns to me in a newsletter so maybe I should just go to the top. This was not in meanness like I was mad about the yarn, I was desperate to find out what the heck was going on with this yarn. Remember, tiny needles and many, many stitches. I shot of an e-mail not expecting to hear anything until today. I checked my e-mail later in the evening and there was a note from Jonelle asking for more info and she would check out what was going on with the yarn. I e-mailed her back the info. This morning I checked my e-mail and there was another e-mail from Jonelle stating that truly this is weird and offering to replace the skein. Ahhh, this is a knitter, she understands. The reason this post got lengthy was because not very long ago there was a thread on Ravelry where customer service of LYS's and internet shopping etc. were discussed. I truly feel that when a company provides good service to it's customers this information should be passed on. SWTC and Jonelle have made me a customer for life. Not only do I like and use their yarns but they were quick to solve a problem and made me feel that they did care. This is a rare quality in today's market. Thanks Jonelle, ya'll are the best.

No comments: