Sunday, May 6, 2012

Crocheted Beauty

When I was twenty my Grandma taught me to crochet. Recently when JE and I were going through some old boxes of my Mother's we found some more crocheted wonders. I decided to take pictures of them and  periodically post them. The detail work on some of these are unbelievable. These were hot pads that look as though they never were used. I certainly won't use them. They are so beautiful that I am thinking of hanging them on the wall. The backs are as pretty as the fronts. They were crocheted in fine crochet cotton the fronts in pink and the backs in white. Unfortunately the detail of the work does not show up as well as I hoped. Of course a lot of the work was done in the 40's and 50's before the advent of continual television. I knit while watching TV but there are some things that I won't work on if they have a lot of detail. These are truly treasures to me.



No comments: