Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

Today is the day to thank all our Veteran's for their service to our country. Because of them we still live in the best country in the world.


 
My son Joseph. These are pictures from graduation from basic training in the Army. But they are a couple of my favorites. He served in Iraq.
 

My dad Tom Statler. He served with the Navy in WWII in the Pacific and on Okinawa, Japan.
  
 
My brother in law Chappell Wilson. He served in the Army during the Vietnam era and also commanded the reserves at Ft Campbell, Kentucky.

 
Robert Jones who currently serves with the Army. My sister and brother in law met Robert through Wounded Warrior Project. He served in Iraq and Afghanistan and is now based here in the states.

 
This year while doing research on our Dad's Navy duty my sister sent me this article about our cousin, Phillip Fox. He was killed in Vietnam in 1966. I started to just put his picture and then decided to include the whole article. I guess not just to honor him but because I knew everyone listed in his family.

Thanks to these men and all the other men and women who faithfully and freely serve our great country.

No comments: