Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pineapple Shawl

My SIL Jane brought me some wonderful alpaca yarn from Maine last year. It has been sitting thinking what it would like to be. I came across I Promise You Pineapples shawl pattern from Justyna Kacprzak on her website www.cuteandkaboodle.com . My grandparents crocheted a lot of "pineapple" things. When I saw this little shawl I decided I would crochet it to honor all the crochet work my grandparents did together. The yarn I am using is Blue Star's Elegant Alpaca Yarn. They are based out of Jackson, Maine. My SIL brought me four skeins in True Black. This is very nice soft yarn in  double knit weight. I have been pleased with the feel of it. It doesn't have the fuzziness some alpaca yarn has. Also here and there in the yarn are little pieces of grass/straw. I mean how much more homespun can you get. You can also find this pattern on Ravelry. I am about halfway through the pattern of which I am crocheting exactly, no changes here. If I like the way this shawl comes out I might make another depending on if I want a longer shawl. I am also using a size J/6mm hook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Looks so light and airy(is that even a word?)Jane