Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teacup

Almost 20 years ago I had a subscription to Victoria Magazine. Such a lovely magazine. I am not a foo foo person. I don't like a lot of frills and stuff but in that magazine I saw Old Country Roses China by Royal Doulton and fell completely in love. Now I am not a china person and Old Country Roses is soooooooooo expensive. I still love it. I have many pieces I like posted on Pinterest. I have saved pictures of it. I ooh and ahh over it if I happen to see in in a department store. One time I almost weakened and bought the teapot but sanity grabbed me and I didn't. All this is to lead up to a wonderful present I received this year.


Old Country Roses teacup and saucer. My sweet daughter Allison gave it to me. I was overwhelmed and totally and completely surprised. I mean I never really ever mention about this china. Over the years yes I have commented I loved it but never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would own one single piece of it. So now I can have tea and coffee in it, very carefully. When I am not using it, it sits on the corner of the bar where I can see it. Yes it would look lovely on my buffet but I can't see it as well there. I am enjoying it and thank Allison a million times over for it. I love it.

1 comment:

Deborah Hamilton said...

It's beautiful! What a treasure!