Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fun in Florida 3









While in Naples I went by Gabriella's Yarn Shop. I knew that Gabriella was in Europe but wanted to run by the shop and see where it was. Though I only got to peek in the window, that was full of colorful socks, it looked like a great shop. Gabriella was on vacation and it was just a fluke that I was in Florida at this time. Hopefully next time I will get to add some yarn to my stash. We headed to the Naples Pier. I have been there before and seen some beautiful sunsets. We walked on the pier and then went to Delanor Wiggins State Park and had a picnic lunch. This is one of my favorite places. It has sustained some hurricane damage in the past but is recovering and is lovely to visit. Unfortunately one of our favorite places, the Chickee Bar at the old Vanderbuilt Inn is no longer in existance. Sadly it has been replaced by a giant condo building. The food at the Chickee Bar was great and you could have dinner right on the sandy beach and watch the sunset. I am not sure I think that a giant condo is progress. Lastly we headed to my favorite place to get the best clam chowder I have ever had. I love Steamers. It is just a cute little restaurant but their food is fantastic. They have grouper that is very good. I still have to order the clam chowder with it because it is so creamy and delicious. I do have to say that my sister shows me a good time when I come to visit her. I was also lucky in that the only thing Jo asked me to bring her was a "glow shirt". Yeah, right. Well I found a shirt that when worn in the sun causes butterfies to appear and when it is worn inside they go away. I thought that was pretty cool.

No comments: