Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What is Important




I have been tired the last couple of weeks. I got my Remicade infusion last week so should be feeling good. This has just been a busy month. I complained again to my doctor that I feel tired all the time. I know of course that this is a byproduct of RA and the always present inflamation in my system. Plus "the dumb back thing" which never goes away. Unfortunately the Remicade cannot help with that, a fact which I find irritating since the RA seems to be controlled fairly well at the moment. So I have to pace myself which is hard when I want to do normal things and especially play with the grandkids. Being with the grandkids is such fun and restores an emotional balance. It makes me happy. Knitting makes me happy. Fortunately I am still able to do that and have been knitting like crazy for the future grandbaby and trying to figure out a lace shawl pattern. Sometimes in all the "stuff" going on within us and around us we need to stop and read the grandkids a story, watch them swim, nuzzle a baby's neck so that they laugh out loud, and know that this is what is important.

No comments: