Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crazy Week









Last week was a really crazy week. Uncle Daisey came back Wednesday to load all the rest of his stuff for the move to Lubbock. (Pitifully Jo asked me yesterday how long he would be gone. I did not have the heart to tell her we don't know if he would ever move back in the DFW area so I said at least two years. Her little eyes welled up with tears and she said, "that's too long.") Here is Uncle Daisey pausing in the middle of moving the furniture to take a work call. I just thought it looked funny because the cushion was out of the chair. Then on Thursday on top of Uncle Daisey packing, Blah Blah finally got to have her back surgery, yeah! It was a long time coming and hopefully she will feel her old normal self soon. Grandma Clara is reading to Jo while we were waiting for the doctor to come out and give us a report. Grandpappy Pete was wisely using the time for a nap after the drive in from Odessa. Scout was so tired that she fell asleep in the chair. Over the weekend we flew to Amarillo for the twins second birthday party. Unfortunately those pictures are on my regular camera and I have yet to be able to get them downloaded here. Monday was another Remicade infusion for my RA. Good thing too as I think the last one was all gone. Yesterday we went to wait for the cleaning people to clean Uncle Daisey's house so the renters could move in. This ended up being an all day thing. Fortunately the girls came to keep me company. Jo amused herself by drawing with a Sharpie on a box that was in the garage and then playing with toys inside the box. Boxes make the best toys. Uncle Daisey wanted to check out what the problem is with my laptop but there has not been enough time so I told him to look at it when he comes this next week. I am really missing the simplicity of having it to say nothing of not being able to download pictures from my camera. The socks here are some Berocco Metalic that I just finished. I love the yarn. I used Yarn Harlot's Basic Sock Recipe of course. More knitting is going on just not photographed. Busy times.



No comments: