Monday, October 31, 2011

Cambridge Shawl

I have been working on Cambridge Shawl by Carol Sunday since the end of July. Yes, by now I should have finished it but a lot has happened. So I have been knitting hats for Knit-A-Cap because I can knit one of those in my sleep and they take no counting. The shawl pattern came off of the Ravelry group. Carol Sunday designed it to look like a shawl Kate Middleton, the Dutchess of Cambridge worn while grocery shopping. After a few false starts getting the correct count and twisted stitches I was coming along nicely. Moving and the hospital got in my way. I pulled it out again the other day and did a couple of rows. I am using yarn that has been in the stash for who knows how many years. It is Lion Brand Wool-Ease Sport which has been discontinued. I think I got 10 skeins at a couple of dollars a skein. Yeah, too good to pass up. This yarn has tried to be many things and just never found it's calling until a few months ago I made my sister a shawl and hat. Then when I saw Cambridge I thought maybe it would work. I think it has found what it wants to be.

Yes, that is a lifeline 3/4 of the way up.

The ruffle.



Can't wait to see how it turns out.

1 comment:

Mosier Farms said...

I too bought the Cambridge Shawl pattern. I can't bring myself to get started on it. Maybe after my Christmas rush to finish slippers, scarves and hats is over with I will pick up the pattern again and try to concentrate on getting started.
Your shawl is beautiful!!