Monday, February 20, 2012

The Move is Finished!

We got moved into our new digs last Sunday and I spent the whole week finding places for stuff, washing all things that had been stored for six months, deciding what I wanted where and actually thinking there was some stuff that needed to leave the building. JE is this one of those run on sentences I am so famous for? So hopefully things will be calm this week. In the last almost year I have found I am becoming a much more minimalist person. I think it is because I just do not want to store anything anymore, with the exception of pictures, yarn and books. For sure I do not want to clean anymore than I have to. If I am not going to use it, then it needs to go. I did go buy a new crockpot and toaster after having sold mine in the garage sale last summer. Seriously they were very ancient. The crockpot was bought in '91 and had cracked handles. I am using the Corelle dishes we bought in '76. I sold my other dishes in the garage sale too. But I like the Corelle and they still work so there you go. Coach is in the middle of his chemo treatments so he is dealing with a little more tiredness and just overall yuck feeling. But it is all progress. My RA is starting to scream at me after all this boxing and lifting and sorting. But the house looks great. So now is the time to calm a little. I have knit 65 hats for Knit A Cap so far this year. Thanks and appreciation go out to my wonderful kids. Allison and TJ for helping us out for the last six months in ways too numerous to mention, but a roof, storage, and muscles all come to mind. We could not have packed up in August if you had not been there. Ya'll went above the call of duty. Matthew for helping especially when his dad could not work. I won't forget it. Joseph for his strong muscles in all the moving, twice in the last six months, the second time with stairs included. I could say maybe things could get back to normal but that is not what I want. What I would like now is a new. Yeah, that is the sentence, a new. So we will see how the year goes. Two people I did not include above get special mention here. Jo and Scout. I couldn't have done without your hugs, kisses, pictures, storytime, playtime, and absolutely hilarious antics to entertain me the last few months. Love you all.


No comments: