Sunday, June 21, 2009

Croc Socks




After reading on Ravelry that Crocs Relief were great shoes for foot problems I had gone a bought a pair. I was very surprised at their comfort and the cushiness. Since my back is a constant problem due to Osteoarthritis I thought these might help. Plus there is still the flare in the left knee from the plumbing issues two weeks ago so I thought they might help that too. Of course I have the foot issues that comes from having RA . Are those enough excuses for buying a new pair of shoes? I have heard you can wear Crocs with or without socks but this gave me an excuse, as if I needed one, to knit a new pair of socks. I have used Cascade Yarns Fixation before but not in socks. They are cotton with just a tiny bit of elastic so I thought they would stay up nicely. I hunted on Ravelry to find a more sport type sock and found this one, well sort of. Turtlegirl76 had the pattern on Ravelry and I altered it to suit me. A little bit turtlegirl76, a little bit Yarn Harlot and a little bit knittingyoyo. I think it turned out really cute. The second sock is already cast on, the ribbing done and I want to have the stockingette down to the heel flap done by tonight. For a change you can leave off the stockingette and go from the rib straight to the heel flap so I might have to try that on the next pair. I think I really like them.

No comments: