Monday, April 12, 2010

DFW Fiber Fest


This last weekend was the DFW Fiber Fest. I went with my knitting group which can be a good thing or a bad thing. You either have friends to help keep you in control and not buy out the house or you have them urging you on because a particular yarn is so soft or the right color etc. Since I am still having computer issues the pictures here are not very good. Well that is putting it mildly. I got two skeins of Madeline Tosh alpaca. The color is Posy and the picture is just awful. Hopefully later I will have a better one. The color is so lucious and of course being alpaca it is soft beyond belief. They had a Multnoma Shawl on display. Now I have a Multnoma on the needles but when I saw this yarn I was not able to resist temptation. Amy told me I would need two skeins to make the shawl. I am a sucker for shawls and socks. So I came home and put the other shawl on a holder and cast on the new one. This yarn is so lucious. Now I am going to try and be good and only use stash yarn for my knitting. By the way, everyone knows that sock yarn does not count as stash yarn, right?

No comments: