Saturday, April 17, 2010

In These Times

I am a political junkie. I admit it. I love to read history. I love reading about the people who have served our country in various ways be that in the military, holding political office or just being a grassroots involved American. We are the luckiest people in the whole world to live here in the United States. Today I am linking a website that I hope will be checked out. It is at http://www.constitutingamerica.org/ . We live in a time of political upheaval. Factions are arguing and assailing each other. Who is right/correct? The answer to that depends on who you talk to. So maybe part of the answer comes from knowing our history. I remember in 5th grade we had a special class for six weeks or so studying The Constitution. I had to memorize The Preamble and I still remember it to this day. Unfortunately in many places today The Constitution is not studied in school or at least not a lot of time is spent on it. We should spend time on it as it is a very important document for our country. If you have a question as to if senators or legislators are ignoring The Constitution to pass anything that they like or will benefit them but is not in line with The Constitution how can you know unless you have read the document yourself. So check out this site. I am linking it on the side links also. There you can print off and read The Constitution and even The Federalist Papers if you choose to. Become informed on our precious rights as citizens of this Great Nation. When we know our history we can know how to proceed to our future. Not just ours but our kids and our grandkids. Check out the site.

No comments: