Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fall Funday











Saturday was a busy day. Jo's daddy was gone hunting so she and her mommy came to spend the day with me. We went to the cemetary to put out some flowers. Since Tuesday is Veteran's Day I wanted to make sure there was a flag and new flowers on my dad's grave. He was with the Navy during World Was II in Okinawa, Japan. This is the first time Jo remembers going out there. I let her help put in the flowers and flag. She enjoyed this so I told her next time we would put more out. We ate Chinese food for lunch and then Jo wanted to go to the park. She loves the tall, twisty slide. I had made her a new hat. I called it her turkey hat because it is made out of fall turkey colors. She loved it. I know she gets a lot of hats but that just means lots of choices on which one to wear. We played football, her version, in the front yard. Then we drew with chalk on the driveway. While her mother and I were talking she kept running up and down the side walk. I did not realize we were playing tag until she got tired and laid down on the sidewalk. Coach brought home Chicken Express for supper. She was hungry. Everybody was exausted at the end of the day but this was one of the best and most fun days ever. I could eat her up.




No comments: