Weird. This is the third pair of socks I have made out of Tofutsies and the first to make this sort of a pattern. The two previous pair were for Jo so they were a few less stitches cast on and it might have changed the outcome but this caught me off guard. I have tried to decide which is the more interesting side and still am unsure. These pictures do not show the colors as vividly, I need a new camera, as they are really a nice purple, pink, teal and cream. Now I have to finish this sock so I can cast on number two and see if it does the same thing. Would be a hoot if it was different from this one.