Monday, December 1, 2008

December Days
















Today was the first day of December and it felt like it. At one point it was 47 degrees. Allison and Jo and I went to Southlake today to go to Central Market. It was cold! well, I think it was the wind that made it so cold. I love it. Central Market has wonderful samples and Jo thought she needed to go there today to have some. Unfortunately when we got there we were too early and no samples were out. We decided to come back later so we went across the street to the square. There was a Santa display, minus Santa, but his sleigh was there. Jo had to pretend she was driving the sleigh. Notice her hat. I just gave it to her. I made it out of Red Heart soft yarn in Cherry Red and trimmed it in Bernat camouflage in white. I knitted the tip in white and then put a red jingle bell on the end. I think it turned out the best of any Santa hats I have made. It was absolutely freezing in the sleigh, that's appropriate. It was in the stage area and in the shade and the wind was whipping through. Cold! When we asked Jo where she would like to have lunch she said Mi Cocina. She likes to have the same thing all the time and it seems that when we are in Southlake at the square she has to have Mexican food. After lunch we went to Hobby Lobby looking for some yarn to make a scarf to match her Santa hat. I wanted some Fun Fur to go with it. We also looked at yarn for a baby blankie for the wee one. Her arrival will be in March so we have a bit but will have to choose some soon. Then we headed back to Central Market hoping the samples would be out. They were. We ended up getting more groceries than we intended but this is such a great store. They have a huge coffee area and you can grind your own beans. As we were going down the water aisle I told Allison to look at the "green water." Well it is Mountain Valley Spring water. I had her take a picture. Yeah, I know, crazy. But, this is Aunt Jane Ellen's favorite water, there is a long story behind that, and now I know where we can get it here. So this pix is for you JE. As exhaustion set in the weary shoppers headed back home. After supper I cast on for the new scarf. Ok, I have only 4 projects going right now so that is pretty good. Wonder how long it will be that few.










No comments: