Saturday, December 20, 2008

Socks










I love knitting socks. They are compact for travel, they can be worked on a few rows at a time and they are a nice change of pace if you have been using worsted yarn and large size needles. Sock yarn and size 2.50 mm double point needles are simply bliss. I sing the praises of Yarn Harlot and her Basic Sock Recipe. Her simple sock recipe enabled me to love knitting socks. In the last three months besides all my other knitting I have made myself three pair, Jo Ellen two pair and I have three more on needles. The first one here is Tofutsies #852. These are actually baby socks for the new grandbaby. I used this yarn for Jo earlier so they will have matching socks. The second one is Tofutsies #855. They are coming along and I am almost to making the heel. Interestingly they have swirled instead of striping. The third one is Online Afrika. I am making the "sturdy heel" recommended by Yarn Harlot. I have found that I like making that particular heel as it wears well. The next pair will be Lang Yarns Jawoll #793. I won't cast them on until the others are done because I do not have another set of 2.5mm needles. Well I guess I could make a trip to The Shabby Sheep again and get some more. All of these yarns came from Shabby Sheep. If you live in the Dallas area stop in for a visit. They are a fantastic shop. Back to the socks......



No comments: