Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter Day






Ok, I know that there have been blizzards all over the northern part of the country but we have had a little cold weather. Jo has been thinking that it could not be Christmas unless it snowed. Well it has not snowed but how about this fountain. It was misty today with the threat of freezing rain but Jo, Allison and I trekked to Carrollton to see Grandma and take her some flowers from Aunt Jane Ellen. The fountain out front of her apartment was frozen solid. Actually it was very cool, no pun intended. Jo had her Princess unbrella to keep any rain off of her. She also had her new pink mittens that I knitted her. I had extended the cuff so they stay tucked into her jacket nicely. We brought Grandma a big vase of carnations in red, white and pink. She was very excited. These flowers are what we call "grocery store" flowers. I have found they last better than those from the florist. We went to Garden Ridge after visiting Grandma. It certainly is almost Christmas. The "crazies" are out in full force and traffic was awful. That aside we had a great afternoon ending with having Starbucks coffee and cakes at Barnes and Noble. We went to the children's section and Jo and I read some books while her mom shopped. I don't think we will have snow for Christmas but I think I will take some extra yarn when we head to the Ponderosa on Christmas day. If it were to snow and we were to have to stay the night I know what the important things are to have with you. Any prescriptions and a knitting bag full of yarn.



No comments: