Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Knitting





I finished the knitting for the new grandboy who is set to arrive in late November. His sixteen month old twin brothers each have a set like this too. One of those was done in Dallas Cowboys blue and silver and the other in Texas A&M maroon and silver. I had a hard time deciding what colors to use but Allison suggested black and red since living so close to Lubbock "The Amarillans" have adopted Texas Tech. I was very happy with how vivid the colors turned out. I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in black and fire red. I like using ILTY for these type of afghans because they are so thick and sturdy and wash and dry well. They can take a lot of abuse. There are two small "car blankies" that I have found are very important. This way the kiddo can have a smaller version of their favorite blankie in the car and a spare in case of an emergency. I made the twins a matching hat so all three boys would have a new hat for the fall. I also knitted up the first of several dishcloths for Uncle Daisey. The last time I was at his house I he was in desperate need of some new ones. Since he likes the Texas/western theme I made this one with Texas on it out of Peaches & Creme # 26 light blue. I wanted to use a color that I knew did not bleed. I have found that some of the darker colors that I would have prefered using lose their color and not just once or twice but for a very long time. I found a couple of other good Texas type patterns that I want to try making. It always seems that dishcloths all wear out at the same time. More to come.

No comments: