Thursday, December 31, 2009

Keeping Things Interesting

This has been a strange week. Last week I posted about issues with my back again. In the mean time Tuesday we had the third snow of December. I cannot remember it ever snowing this much in December. That is also the day the back issues came to a head. Joseph was coming to put in my new countertop, stove and sink. I have no pictures yet because Tuesday evening I made a trip to the ER. I have only been in the hospital four times, when each of my kids were born. The pain in my back and side were just too much to wait for the doctor appointment on Wednesday so off we went. It ends up that it was a UTI and pyelonephritis, a kidney infection, which I guess is better than a kidney stone which was what they thought it could be. The problem is that if you deal with pain every day you have a tendency to become used to it and try to apply all the solutions you have used before. I did not have any of the normal signs of the infection. After an IV of antibiotics and some wonderful pain medications I went home after only four hours at the ER. I thought that was pretty great. So the last two days have spent with me laying down and actually sleeping a lot. I am feeling better tonight and can actually sit up some so I am hoping tomorrow will be even better. I took my knitting with me to the ER but that was just in case since you never know how long you are going to have to wait. How bad have I been feeling? I have not knit for three days. Hopefully I am on the road to recovery.

No comments: