Sunday, February 28, 2010

70? No Way!

First let me preface this by saying that my older brother is very much older than me. I always say that my parents had my brother and sister and then came the war. We are talking WWII here. Then my dad came home and established his business. Later they had me and then six years later they had my younger brother. But still, when I got the invite to my older brother's 70th birthday party it put me in a state of shock. I mean he can't be that old. I think seeing it in writing just threw me for a loop. So tonight was the party and it was a lot of fun. He was completely surprised. My niece called and told him he had to come to her house as a pipe had broken. So here he came, with all of us hiding. He got out of the car, opened the trunk, and went and turned her water off. This is before he walked in the house. Then he headed into the house with a wrench in his dirty hands and everyone yelled surprise. Actually it was quite funny. Then he had to go back out and turn the water back on. Funny again. We had a great BBQ dinner and later cake. While we ate cake we played a game called is Kent older or younger than this historical event. That got to be pretty funny. I did not take my camera but thanks to cell phones I got this picture of me and my brother. He is holding flowers that I delivered from our sister JE who lives in Florida. Happy BD Kent!

1 comment:

ponderthis said...

Holy crap he's OLD!!!