Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Hat





Here is the hat I have been working on during the Olympics. This was yarn that Allison picked out late last spring while we were at The Shabby Sheep. I had no idea what it was going to be and so the yarn sat in the yarn basket. The yarn is Misti Alpaca Handpaint Sock Yarn. It is so fantastically soft and the colors are wonderful. It is listed as color #7 but I think it looks like the colors of New Mexico. The pattern was one I found on HipKnitIzed's blog, http://www.hipknitized.blogspot.com/. It is called Trendy Eyelet Slouch Hat and was posted in December 09. The only change I made to the pattern was to knit 118 stitches instead of 90. I had cast on the 90 but felt that the weight of the yarn needed the extra stitches. I surprised Allison with it yesterday and of course had to have a picture. By the time we got done she was taking it off saying it was really warm which will be great outside but not in the house. I really enjoyed knitting this hat so I am sure I will be making more in the future. It looks lacey but was incredibly easy with only one row out of four having K2tog & yarn overs. Love it.

1 comment:

ponderthis said...

I like it! It was 69 yesterday so it did not get worn, I think it would have made my hair sweat.