Monday, January 17, 2011

Knit-A-Cap

It's January and time to make sure the knitting is progressing on the hats for the Knit-A-Cap group. This is the group that sends hand knit hats to various Indian reservations throughout the US. My sister and I have been knitting for this group since 2003. Our wonderful coordinator is located in Washington, DC and makes sure the hats go to the schools that have requested them for the year. 2010 hats went to Washington state, Arizona, Montana, Massachusetts and North Carolina. This is a picture of the hats I have finished so far, 15. I am hoping for many, many more. If you are interested in participating in the group leave a note in the comment section with your email or some way for me to get in touch with you. You can also leave me a message on Ravelry. I am knittingyoyo there also. This is a great way to help children. All it takes is one picture of the cute kids wearing the hats and you are hooked for life.

No comments: