Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Comfort Shawl


Stress. We live in stressful times. If not the economy, the war, the politics, we now have the health issue of the Swine Flu. This is not a post where I am going to discuss what should be done, should have been done, what is going to be done or who is going to blame who. At that all Iwill say is wash your hands, cover your mouth and nose if you sneeze or cough and be careful if you are ill or around someone who is. After sitting through all kinds of information on the news I got tired. I needed something to drop the stress level. I had come across a shawl pattern that is very simple and was similar to the Southwestern Shawl I made several years ago. In my stash I had some Galler Prime Alpaca. I love this yarn and had not decided yet what I wanted to make with it. So I went and pulled out the alpaca and cast on for this simple shawl. The softness of the fiber and the simplicity of the pattern, which is really just garter stitch and yarn overs for increasing, is so relaxing. It is perfect. To those who are not sick, try to stay well. To those who are suffering through the flu know that there are people who care and wish for you to be well soon. To those of you who are the caregivers of those who are ill, take care of yourselves know that you are appreciated and if you can take some time to knit a few rows.

No comments: