Monday, April 6, 2009

Cool Blankie

Aunt Jane Ellen gave Jo a new blankie while she was here. With Scout getting so much attention it is important to make sure the older daughter/grand-daughter/niece knows she is mega-loved too. Aunt JE gave Jo this little green blankie that is simple garter stitch but the coolest thing about the blankie is the fact that it glows in the dark. Yes, it GLOWS in the dark. It is made from Bernat's Glow in the Dark Yarn, color, green glow. It is a mintish green with a white ply that combines with the green. All you do is make sure that the yarn/blankie is under a good light for a while and low and behold when you turn the light off, or go into a closet if you can't wait till dark, it GLOWS. I used some of this yarn in white for the face on a pumpkin hat I made for Jo at Halloween but this is the first time I have seen the true coolness of the yarn. I have a few skeins that JE gave me at Christmas time just sitting on the shelf. The other night I woke up for some reason and as I turned over I looked at the bookshelf. What is that? Then I realized it was the skeins of yarn glowing in the middle of the night. Who needs a night light? If you come across this yarn, which we might not again until October, and you have kids, know kids or are still a kid yourself, grab up some of this yarn. Hmm, I think I need a glow in the dark hat.

No comments: