Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pretty Little Thing is Finished

The "Pretty Little Thing" is finished. I was not going to post a picture of the hat until I gave it to Scout. Today we went to Wal-Mart to make Easter pictures and I knew that Allison would see it so I went ahead and showed it to her. So much for a surprise. This was a very cute and easy hat to make. The yarn was Bernat Baby Jacquards color #06412, Berries & Cream. The picture really does not do the yarn justice. I loved the way the pattern in the yarn came out as I knitted along. It is knit from top to bottom using size 4mm (US6) needles. I started with circular needles but did not want to have trouble with stretching so I switched to straights. The only problem with this was when it was finished I had to seam it closed. I made it in the smallest size which was six months and considering Scout is only five weeks I think it is going to be a little big. The reason I made it this size was I wanted to see how it turned out before I started altering the sizing. I will take a picture of Scout wearing it just to show the size and then I will probably have to make a smaller size. Then again when Jo sees it she may think she needs one too.

No comments: