Sunday, April 5, 2009

Simple Things

Jo does not like Coke. She is a real apple juice kid. A few days after her mom and sister came home she and I ran to Subway to get some sandwiches. Allison likes Icee's and thinks they are far superior to Slurpee's. The Quick Track next to the Subway has Icee's. I thought it would be a nice treat to pick up a couple of drinks to take home and surprise Allison. When we went in Jo said she wanted and Icee too. I reminded her that she does not like coke or even very cold drinks. She likes her apple juice warmed up. She insisted she would like the Icee. By the look of the cup you cannot tell that this was the small size. I thought she might as well try it and then she would not ask the next time. Well, lo and behold she took one drink and said, "I like it." I could not believe it. When we got to the house she excitedly told her Mother that she now likes Icee's. I took this picture to mark the first time she ever had an Icee. Sometimes you are reminded that the simple things are the most fun.

No comments: