Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some Days Are Just Wonderful










After being somewhat... depressed this last week because of being tired and have some RA flare up, today was so much fun. Allison, Jo and Scout came over to visit. We ended up meeting Uncle Daisey at the new El Fenix in Irving. Yes, after living in this town since 1963, man that is a long time, we now have an El Fenix. I mean it is five minutes from my house. Yum. Anyway, we ate lunch and then stopped by Target. After we got back to the house Jo wanted to go to the park to slide. That being done she then reminded us that we had not been to Braum's in a long time. So we went for ice cream. I gave Scout the "chewable blankie" and she immediately started hugging it. So that was a success. I then decided to go ahead and give Scout the floppy hat I had made earlier. It is a little big but I thought she could wear it to keep off the sun. My girls gave me a huge sack of yarn today. Eighteen skeins of a variety of colors and weights. It was great. Not just because it was a surprise but because it was a sack of love and understanding. Sometimes I can be pretty crabby, well maybe downright gripey. Sometimes I am tired and overwhelmed. Sometimes the RA, well I just want to kick it in the butt. But it is here to stay and this tender gift of love and fun did more to raise my spirits than anything I can think of, well except spending time with my favorite girls.

No comments: