Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait







Well, here we sit. I guess with the military it is always hurry up and wait. I got a call from Joseph and he is still at Ft. Benning. There was some paperwork snafu and he may be here tomorrow but it could be Friday. So the chicken and dumplings were done and the apple pie in the oven (more on that later). Allison and the girls were already here and Matthew and Courteney were already on the way. So though we were disappointed we ate the dumplings anyway. There is nothing you can do if you do not have your info in order. So now to the pie. Allison made the apple pie, put it in the oven, and nothing happened. By that I mean my oven died, literally with the pie in it. So she took the pie out and is going to bake it at home tonight and I am headed to Lowe's to get a new oven. We were disappointed because once you get it in the oven you are supposed to be able to eat it. But the dumplings were yummy and I have enough left over to feed an army, ha ha. I gave Scout her two hats. The first one in the multi-stripe fit great. The second, the black and pink, was as I thought too short. The first picture of it the brim is not turned up and the second it is only up a little. I won't use that pattern again but will remake it in the other pattern. Jo ordered a hat in the multi-stripe too so I will whip those up tonight. Hopefully we will be seeing Joseph tomorrow. Sigh.

1 comment:

lauriec said...

The Army is notorious for "hurry up & wait" & it's ten times worse when it involves a homecoming of any kind. I'm hoping you see him soon!

The hats (and their models!) are adorable!!!!