Monday, July 2, 2012

Wish Upon A Star



I started this right before the weekend.



 I have this wonderful yarn left over from before Jo was born. Yes, I am still wading through my stash. I made Jo a darling pink sweater and hat out of this same yarn when she was 2-ish. You can find it on my Ravelry projects page. Just realized I need to update that page too. Back to the original thought, I found this yarn a couple of weeks ago. Not that it was lost, it was just sitting in the buffet not knowing what it wanted to be. So I decided I would try this pattern. It is crochet with a G hook.

Red Heart Soft Baby Yarn - Rose Twinkle
 We always called it the Peppermint yarn.

Main reason I got the yarn. It was pretty but who can resist that bargain.
I think I bought six skeins.

I have been a little frustrated with the connection between the rows. The instructions are a little short. Somehow I have also ended up with a couple of extra stitches on the last row right before the connecting of the rows. So I have ripped out and sometimes it works and sometimes it has to be redone again. Maybe it's me. It is a cool afghan but if I get frustrated I will go back and work on another project that is sitting here feeling abandoned and let this one sit a few days.

No comments: