Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sansi Shawl

I ran across some of my favorite alpaca yarn while going through the stash. Galler Prime Alpaca. I made a shawl out of this same yarn about eight years ago and just loved it. This particular batch has sat in the stash for a while. It has tried to be many things but I was always disappointed in the patterns so back it went. This last week I ran across the Sansi Shawl by Emma Fassio, www.emmafassioknitting.blogspot.com . It has a lacey look but the pattern is repeated enough after you get going on it you get into an easy flow. This is not to say it will get finished fast. 102 degrees in Texas in June does not make for fast work on alpaca. I also seem to be jumping from project to project lately. But this is a simple pattern so we will see how long it takes.




Beginnings of the Sansi Shawl

No comments: