Friday, June 22, 2012

More Yarn

I used up all the "found" yarn on the half granny square shawl. I then "found" this yarn at Hobby Lobby to extend the size of the shawl. Amazing, I am clearing out the stash of yarn I did not care anything about but had to buy more yarn to be able to finish the project. I am not sure how big the shawl will be but man cotton is heavy.

I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby.
#235 Camo Print

I did not start out to get a cream, green, brown yarn. I wanted to try and find a yarn with a cream that would match the one I was using. There was this and one with purple that I felt was too bright. So this is the one. Here is what it looks like so far. 



Should have used a better contrast but you get the idea. I have found I cannot do crochet without looking at the piece I am working on. This is interesting because I can knit without looking at what I am doing, watch TV, even knit with my eyes closed. Not crochet. Strange. I also got this yarn with a 40% off coupon so it was very cheap. It actually works up much nicer than the more expensive yarn it has been paired with. More updates as I hopefully finish it up tomorrow.








No comments: