Monday, June 11, 2012

Flowers

I do not have a green thumb. I have probably killed more plants than most people have planted. It didn't used to be that way. Many years ago I had some pretty nice houseplants. Somewhere along the way I lost it and have actually killed hearty ivy. This year with the new house I wanted to have some plants on the balcony. Allison gave me a Spider plant ( I think we used to call them an airplane plant) for Mother's Day and with the morning east sun it was doing really well. So I decided I wanted more. We got two more spider/airplane plants. While we were looking Allison mentioned she would like to have a plant that her grandma always had, Purslane. I found some and got her a yellow one then decided I needed a pink one. Now understand that I was afraid to plant them because, well, of my history with plants. So dear son in law TJ put them in pots for me. So far they are doing great. Now I think I may need another Purslane.

Purslane

One of the airplane plants.
All three airplane plants have lots of baby shoots and tiny white flowers.


No comments: