Monday, October 8, 2012

Ack!

Recently on Pinterest they had a post on how to soften yarn. I thought I would try it on some Red Heart I was going to use on the skeleton and pumpkin hats. I followed the directions. Take off the label, loosen the yarn a little, put it in a small laundry bag and wash. I followed the intructions. This is what I got.

 
Before
 
 
After. Yeah.
 
 
After about two hours it looked like this. I used this yarn for the previously posted pumpkin hats.
 
 
Interestingly this is how the other two came out. Fine.
I decided I had loosened the skeins too much so I tried it again. Took off the labels, did not loosen the skeins, put it in the laundry bag  and threw it in the washer.
 
This is what I got. Crazy.
 
So I decided that it must have to do with the skein itself and it is a toss up as to whether you will have yarn barf or not. I guess it is theraputic to untangle the yarn. I do know it does make it softer, although I did add some softener to the rinse.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh my Gosh....I thought the yellow was spaghetti! Sorry I wasn't there to untangle...I am better at that than anything else.