Saturday, December 7, 2013

Frozen

It was 17 when I got up this morning. I decided to go outside and see what it looked like. Of course I only ventured three steps off the covered walkway. This is what I found.
Solid ice. There is no powder or wetness. It is one solid sheet of ice. Even the lighter color on the right hand side is frozen ice.
 
I took those three steps just to very carefully feel the ice. It was like a skating rink, flat and solid. So here we sit. Fortunately we did not lose power (sadly may others have). The rest of the day will be for making stew and crocheting and knitting all day. To all my other North Texans, try to stay warm and by middle of this next week the ice should be all gone.
 
 

1 comment:

Deborah Hamilton said...

It is solid ice here, too, but thankfully the roads are clear to drive. I put a big roast in the slow cooker with lots of veggies and I'm knitting my sweater and listening to Christmas music.