We averted disaster today. Joanna had told me that one of the boys afghans had a "hole in it". They thought it was probably not repairable that a new one might have to be made. Oh, no. Before the twins were born I knitted them both afghans and a car blankie and hat to match. One was blue and silver since Dad is a Dallas Cowboys fan and one was maroon and white since Mom graduated from Texas A&M. When they arrived last Thursday they handed me the afghan. Gulp and gollies. I do have to admit I had never seen anything that bad before. I looked it over and said I would see what I could do. At that point I did not see a broken thread but I knew there had to be one. Sunday I spent around eight hours working on the afghan. I finally found the broken thread in the middle of the mess. I knew the repair would not be pretty but it would be fixed and it would be back to the boys for them to love again. Interestingly they don't care which one they hold as long as they have one. I finished the repair this afternoon after spending about four more hours on it. I then ran it through the washer and dryer to make sure there were no loose edges or loops. I had used my knitting needles, crochet hooks and craft needles working the loops back up the afghan. When I came to the last two rows I used kitchener stitch to weave them together. (Thank you Yarn Harlot for telling me to learn to use this for my sock knitting.) So it is not pretty and it is a little "off" the line but it is repaired and secure. I really did not know how it was going to work but since it is dragged around everywhere I am sure someday new ones will have to be made. Hopefully this will make it till then.