Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A New Adventure


Today Uncle Daisey is moving to Lubbock. It is about a five and a half hour drive from here. This will be the first time that he has been too far to be able to just drop in on the weekend or on his day off. I have varying degrees of feelings about this. I hate that he is going but I am thrilled that he is going. Not make any sense? Well he has always been here for all the events and get togethers. Jo has adored him forever. He has always been the one who was close if I needed help with my car, being stranded on the side of the road, or had computer trouble. I will so miss not being able to see him all the time. But...I am so thrilled that he is being promoted and the fact that after a very serious motorcycle wreck that he was healed and can live a normal life...even if it is what seems like a long way away. Here is a picture of him and Jo and Scout yesterday. We all went out for one last lunch together before he left. Good luck Matthew. I love you bunches. Oh, yeah, remember to call your Mother.

No comments: