Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bye Bye Pink Shawl

The pink shawl is no more. Sad. It is a very nice pattern, Multnomah by Kate Flagg. I have ripped and ripped and ripped this shawl at least five times. Once I got to the feather and fan instructions I never could get the pattern to come out right. My stitches were always off. I even let it sit for a while and tried again to no avail. I have done feather and fan before and it is not hard. The shawl was put in the buffet in the stash. I could not bear to look at it anymore. When I pulled it out last week I thought maybe it was me and I would just try again to whip it up. Alas, I still had issues. So I ripped. I really like the pattern and I know a million people have made it but for some reason I cannot get it to work. The yarn is a lucious Madeline Tosh sport weight alpaca in a pink called Posy. I love, love, love the yarn but it has to be something else. I am afraid it will be so "used" I won't get a good shawl out of it. So bye bye Multnoma. So sad to see you go but I will find another pattern and use this wonderful yarn for something else.


No comments: