Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Daisy Squares

I have been working on daisy squares this week. I have been jumping around on projects lately. Part of that is that some are not as travel friendly as others. A large afghan or shawl is not as easy to work on in a doctor's office as a hat or little squares. That plus the fact that I am unable to stay on one project for very long. I did finish the "future present" but it can't be shown till it is given away. So here is how the daisy squares are coming along.

A bunch of daisy centers.

Little daisys.

Squares

Connecting the squares.

Bunny Mummy's blog (www.bunnymummy.blogspot.com ) where I found this cute pattern, suggested making the daisy centers first to get them out of the way. I have been making the yellow centers and then doing a few of the petals. I did do these four squares just to see how they would look. I am using the crochet squares together as you go idea from www.attic24.typepad.com . I have never done this before but still have nightmares of having to sew 280 squares together on an afghan I made in 2002. I think the colors of the yarn are fantastic for this project. The are all Simply Soft by Caron. Sunshine #9755, Limelight #9607, Grape #9610, Blue Mint #9608, and Strawberry #0015.

1 comment:

Deborah Hamilton said...

I do think it's a good idea to make all the centers first. I've been wanting to try the join-as-you-go method because I really don't want to do all that sewing either. You picked wonderful, spring colors, too.