Saturday, September 29, 2012

New Table

About two years ago I sold my kitchen table in a garage sale. It was old and unsteady. I had put down a new floor and did not want scratches on the floor. I found a table I liked but needed to wait to purchase so I have not had a table since then. Of course in that length of time I have moved twice after living in the same house for 34 years. Fast forward to the present I still had no table but a card table. I finally said I guess I need a table sometime soon. Lo and behold last Saturday I get a call from Allison about what style I really want. Late in the afternoon there was a loud knock on the front door. When I opened it there sat a table and chairs. Strong son-in-law TJ carried it in the house.

 
Perfect.
 
I had wanted a new set but with all the "stuff" that has gone on in the last year and a half that was going to be impossible. Allison and Caitlin told me I was crazy that there were great deals on Craig's List. I think Allison found this one in less than 24 hours. I loved it.
 
 
I cleaned the table and chairs with Old English. While I was doing this I remembered I had a large doily that JE and I had found last spring. My grandma had made it years ago. After I put it on the table I decided it needed something else. 
 
 
I had a vase that I love. Joseph sent it to me full of pink tulips while he was in Iraq. Flowers do die so I had an idea. What is a great thing for a knitter to have close by? Knitting needles. I went to my needle stash and pulled out a bunch that are second and third sizes. Don't judge, you never know when you might need five pairs of size10's or 8's. Plus you do not have to remember to water them and they don't die.
 
 
I love it.
 
So now when the grandgirls come to play and stay to eat, which of course is most of the time, we have a more steady table and chairs. Now we can do our crafts (or as Scout says craps) on a steady surface. Thanks Alli for finding this table. It is exactly like I wanted and you saved me enough money that I can use that savings for more yarn which I will add to the stash in the buffet behind the table.
 
 

2 comments:

Deborah Hamilton said...

That's a very nice set and I also like your decorations.

Jane said...

Perfect! Goes great with the buffet and I, too love the centerpiece. How fun to find a good place to display homemade doily!