Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Yarn Weath

I firmly believe that you can never have too much yarn or too many books. Even though I had to do some "letting go" with some of my books because of the move last year I kept the most important, or sentimental, or unread, or autographed by Yarn Harlot. Yarn is a different story. Yarn does go away. Sometimes the stash is bigger than others but most of it seems to move on to new homes in a new form. Last year Allison made me a yarn wreath. She collected different yarns balled them up and made me a wreath. I loved it. Since the move I could not find a place for it to live. I have hunted for the right "hanger" to use to put it up and could not find what I wanted. Today I said enough. I had some nails and a hammer and up it went right by the front door. I love it.

 
 
Every house needs yarn that never leaves.
 

1 comment:

Deborah Hamilton said...

I agree about the books and yarn, and that's a really cute wreath. I've seen wreaths made of yarn balls, but never with needles in them. What a cute idea!