Saturday, September 1, 2012

Got Smart

After posting the back of the Daisy Afghan with all it's little tag strings I decided I had to take care of them. First I hid strings on about nine squares. Then being tired of all those strings already I made a few more new squares. Fortunately at that particular moment my brain had a pocket of clearness and I said, "Well, duh, you gotta hide those strings before you make another square." Amazing how the brain works. So I made about ten squares hiding the strings as I went. Why did I not do this before? I think it is because my brain is simply on overload and I am actually lucky I can even remember how to make a granny square. After a few squares I decided that the back of the afghan was bugging the heck out of me and I would dread having to hide tags when all was done. So I said I am going to do all of them now. That is what I did. Yesterday I said no squares till the tags are finished.

 
Tada! The wrong side. No strings!
 
This is also the wrong side. I was just so proud I had to show it.
 
Here is the size of the afghan this morning and all those pesky yarn tags are hidden. Yeah!!
So this morning I was able to start some more daisy centers and I hid the strings as I crocheted. Why did I not think of this before? Now each daisy is ready to have it's square added. Can you tell I am a little excited. Plus this crocheting the afghan together as you go is one of the most wonderful things ever. I love it.

1 comment:

Deborah Hamilton said...

I also learned that trick the hard way, too. Weaving in all those ends at the end is just too much to face. HA! Your daisies are so cute!