Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fast Hat

I made the little hat to go with Scout's car blankie today. It is just one I made up with K2, P2 and then finishing off with stockingette. Hopefully it will fit her as a newborn but I have plenty of yarn left over to make a larger one. I knit it out of Bernat Camouflage in purple with size 10 needles. Now I need to get started on the afghan as it will take a little longer. Since I am heading to Georgia to see Joseph at the end of the week I probably will not get much done on the afghan till after I get back. I will work on baby socks during the flight. We only have eight weeks till Scout makes her appearance so I have to get knitting in fast mode.

1 comment:

LynnM said...

Hi,Just popping over from Lene's blog. Your comment reminded me how my daughter (Emily, now 16) went through a phase where she collected picture postcards from every state. Lucky my friends and family are well scattered and travel a lot! We got her a nice little index card file box to store them in. Her great grandfather enjoyed sending her some from Florida, just before he died. I think postcards are easier to send and keep a lot better than regular greeting cards and you've started a fun tradition!

Love the fast hat, BTW!