Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm Knitting in the Rain...

Well, no I am not actually knitting in the rain, I'm in the living room but for some reason the song "Singing in the Rain" popped into my head. But is is raining here and there are predictions of ice and sleet for the rest of the day and since it is 32 degrees who knows. The radar on the Weather Channel shows the whole DFW area in pink which I think means sleet. I like cold weather and snow and ice. It must come from living in in Illinois when I was young. I don't like driving in bad weather as we have people here who drive crazy even in good weather. If you are driving down I35 you might be going the speed limit of 70 and have someone whiz by you at who knows how fast but really some of these guys must be going 90 or above. Scarier still are the motorcycle guys who while going 90 have no protection at all and are by you before you even know they are there. Jo's Uncle Daisey rides and we had a scary incident so motorcycles.... well if you ride them be careful. I got off base there but that is how Monday's are especially after holidays. The pix is of the "car blankie" I am making the new grandbaby due in March. It is Bernat Camouflage #10315, Purple Camo. This is the small blankie you can take in the car when the kiddo wants to take their favorite blankie with them. Of course there are numerous reasons not to do that including losing the blankie that the kiddo must have every night or they won't go to bed. This is a 12" square on 10's and is super fast and easy to throw in a car seat and just enough to snuggle up to for a ride. This will be finished today and the matching big blankie will be cast on. After that comes the little matching hat. The green baby sox are still on the needles. There was not much knitting done over the holidays. I also went about "rearranging" some of my stash this morning and shocking was distracted by some yarn I had not looked at in a while. Yes, yarn does talk and two skeins started fighting over who was going to get to go to the tub by my chair. I calmly told them both they were going and would soon be little hats. They calmed right down and are now sitting happily beside me waiting to be cast on. So I won't worry if we happen to get iced in, probably no real chance of that, there might not be any milk in the refridgerator but I have plenty of yarn to keep me busy.

1 comment:

ponderthis said...

Ever heard of the Crazy Cat Lady? Haha. I love the way the blankie looks, the colors are perfect! Love It!!!