Monday, January 26, 2009

A Knitting President




Today is short. I will blog about my trip to Georgia more fully later. When I got home last night from the airport I found that the airlines (American) had broken one of the sides of my suitcase. It is fairly new and only has four trips on the airline but now has been ripped down the corner side. So this morning I had to go back to the airport, fun, and "complain". They are supposedly going to "repair" it and it will take two to three weeks. We will see how that goes.

Mainly I wanted to post this picture of President Franklin Roosevelt. Joseph and I drove to Warm Springs to see the Little White House, FDR's Georgia getaway. It is about 30 miles from Columbus. FDR spent a lot of time here soaking in the warm springs hoping it would help cure his polio. He also built a rehab center for other polio sufferers. I love studying history and if you have the chance to go and see the museum and the house FDR lived in when he was there you will not be disappointed. This a beautiful area of Georgia. The museum is packed full of historical information and treasures. As you first come into the museum there is a timeline of FDR's life. I stopped and stared at this picture. It is FDR and Eleanor in 1905. She had found out she was expecting and the caption said FDR was knitting baby clothes. Of course in museums you cannot take pictures so when I got home I looked for it on the internet. I finally found it and here it is. So when someone says that knitting is for the "grandma's" here is the future President of the United States knitting. Gotta love it.

No comments: