Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mystery Solved!



The mystery of the baby socks is finally solved. I had printed off the pattern for these little socks a while back. I had been searching all over the internet looking for just the right sock pattern for the new grandbaby. When I got ready to knit them I noticed there was no reference to the site I printed them from. Ok, this seemed odd but I had been all over the internet jumping from link to link. You know how it is. You get on one site and it leads you to another and then you see something else and click there and before you know it you are somewhere out in internet-land and have no idea how you got there or how to get back. That was what happened here. Now I believe in giving people their credit and when I finished these socks and went to post them on Ravelry I had no credit reference. I looked on the pattern base there but did not see what I was looking for. I made mention of not being able to find it and when someone asked me for the pattern I had to explain I had it but was still searching for the reference. Last night I went searching again to no avail. That said I found out this morning you should never give up hope especially in the knitting community. I had a message in my box from mollymcawesome. She thought my sock matched one on the pattern resources on Ravelry. Lo and behold it was my socks! So if you are looking for a great baby sock pattern, and this is one, then they are the pattern by Bianca Boonstra that is referenced in patterns on Ravelry and also now on my projects page. This not knowing where the pattern came from would have driven me nuts, well maybe more nuts, for a long time to come. I once again have to thank mollymcawesome for coming to my aid.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Amazing! I love the colours you chose for these socks :-)